Pregnancy Week – 38
So, you are finally approaching your full-term pregnancy. So, finally you, your body and your mind are fully prepared for the childbirth. You may feel sensations running down your legs which means the baby is really low in your pelvis.
So, you are finally approaching your full-term pregnancy. So, finally you, your body and your mind are fully prepared for the childbirth. You may feel sensations running down your legs which means the baby is really low in your pelvis. You may be dealing with new discomforts. This event could take place any moment, so be prepared!
How big is your 38 weeks babthe baby is really low in your pelvis. You may be dealing with new discomforts. This event could take place any moment, so be prepared!
How big is your 38 weeks baby?
Your baby is about the size of a leek. She is 3kgs in weight and stands 49.8cm from head to heel. Depending on your fundal height, your widwife will tell you whether your baby will be larger or smaller than this. The hair on your baby’s body is gone. Her iris may have got color by now, but this is not the final color of her eyes as the iris pigmentation needs natural light to terminate development. The squishy fat is getting accumulated at the shoulders, elbow and knees. However, the baby is still moving and snugged comfortably in your womb. All the vital functions are getting better every day.
Pregnancy belly week 38
In this week, your belly may look like it has dropped displaying getting down towards your pelvis. It is because the baby has changed her position in the uterus.
Pregnancy symptoms week 38
- Leaky nipples: The colostrum of your breasts may start leaking. Do not be astonished if you see yellow spots on your bra.
- Trouble in sleeping: You may get anxious about the delivery. You may have aches and pains which make it hard for you to sleep at night.
- Braxton Hicks contraction: They are expected a lot in this week. You may feel tightening of your belly and cramping. But they aren’t very painful and vanish once you change positions.
- Heavy vaginal discharge: You may have globs of white mucus in this week. It is the mucus plug which breaks and brings you closer to your delivery.
- Swollen ankles and feet: As you have the excuse to sit back, you may get swollen feet. Try to walk regularly to maintain blood circulation and lower the swelling.
- Other symptoms may include heartburn, digestion, headache, dizziness, backache, constipation and bloating.
- Pregnancy ultrasound week 38
- Your prenatal appointment of this week includes an ultrasound to see the position of your baby inside your womb. If he/ she is in the breech position i.e. first feet, then you may have to go for cephalic version and reposition the baby and make their head face the pelvis. However, if the baby is healthy, then it may be your last ultrasound.
- The image also reveals the heart rate of the baby and finds out if it is in the normal range.
Pregnancy lifestyle week 38
It is great you have come so far! Be patient! Try to enjoy the final weeks and be as stress free as you can. Do some gentle exercising and go out with your friends. Nourish yourself with healthy diet. Stock your freezer with some healthy items so that you don’t have to cook, right after you home, post-delivery. And, hey you can still have sex in this week! It is safe.
Pregnancy checklist week 38
- Schedule your 39-week appointment.
- Attend fitness classes, go for birth lessons and learn breathing and relaxation techniques which you can use during labor.
- Make sure you complete a call list, so that you can reach out for the numbers you need at the time of delivery.