How to prevent breast sagging?
Breast sagging is a common issue for most women. Learn how to avoid it, causes and how to prevent it.
Breast sagging is a common issue of most of the women. A lot of things change in a woman’s body during pregnancy, due to hormones and extra weight gain. Some women experience a permanent increase of breast size, while other, their breasts size return to normal size after some time. The change in size can naturally cause the breast sag. Medical term for sagging breasts is ptosis. Ptosis happens naturally with age, but many other factors can lead to breast sagging. The breast goes through significant change during pregnancy and nursing. But women get upset about this as part of their beauty consciousness.
Causes of breast sagging:-
Ligaments in the breast (called Cooper’s ligaments) stretch out over time and cause sagging of the breasts. There are some of the causes of saggy breasts.
- Gravity: Gravity bulls the breast down so it strains and stretches breasts ligaments.
- High body mass index: Women with high BMI have larger breast, so they sag more.
- Age: Since many factors accounts for sagging, so different women experience at different women time. But usually sagging starts in late thirties and early forties because of loss of elasticity of fibres due to hormonal changes of menopause.
- Smoking: Smoking causes the skin to lose elasticity and thus cause sagging.
- Genetics: The more children you have, more your ligaments set stretched and becomes saggy.
- Larger breast size: Larger or heavier breasts are more likely to sag.
- Menopause: Hormonal changes affect skin elasticity, which in turn affects breast support and causes sagging.
- Multiple pregnancies: Excessive breast enlargement disproportionate to supporting tissue is responsible for sagging in multiple pregnancy..
- Rapidly weight loss: Rapid weight loss also affects nutrition of breast supporting tissue and may cause sagging.
Myth causes of saggy breasts:-
- Breastfeeding: Some women believing that breastfeeding is the cause for sagging and it can be avoided by bottle feeding, but this is myth and pregnancy not the breastfeeding is the cause for sagging of breasts.
- Quality of bra: A high quality and fit bra will make breasts shape and prevent for sagging this is myth sagging breasts.
- Not wearing bra: A bra will hold of breasts and give the shape and look, this is myth sagging. It can’t prevent further sagging.
How to prevent saggy breasts?
There are so many factors that contribute to sagging. So it can’t be completely prevented. However some things can be done to keep breasts from sagging.
Manage a healthy weight: Keep weight consistent at a level that’s healthy. Eat a well balanced diet and try not to gain or lose weight too quickly.
Don’t smoke: Smoking accelerates the aging, specially speeds aging by destroying elastin and protein that helps skin supple.
Exercise: Exercise helps to keep skin firm and also reduce the body fat. Light to moderate levels of exercise is recommended. Although there are no muscle in breast but workout that strengthen the pectoral muscles may keep breasts from sagging.
Plenty of water: Keeping body hydrated helps to ensue skin youthful and nourished.
Wearing comfortable bra: Wear a good supportive bra during pregnancy to hold breasts firmly in a place. Also during work outs, such as jogging, use sports bra with good support because breasts movement during exercise lead to stretching and sagging.
Moisturize: Moisturize skin and avoid from drying.
Plastic surgery: Surgical procedure can help lift and restore breasts to a more youthful. It is an expensive option but is the most effective result.
Hormones: Estrogen hormone levels decrease during menopause, which is association with decrease in tissue collagen.