Eye Care Tips For Children
Eyes are the most essential part of our body. This is because they help us to show how the world is. Eyes are the only organ which helps in working all day long. It works continuously from day to night. Eyes also help in sending all sorts of information to the brain and work accordingly. However, everyone tends to ignore such an important organ of our body. But this is wrong, eyes should be taken extra care, especially the eyes of the children. However, a lot of factors should be taken into consideration if we talk about taking care of our children’s eyes.
Some of the basic things we should always keep in mind such as we need to protect our children’s eyes from any kinds of infections as well as wounds. This is because all these things help in improving the eyesight. So, in this article we are going to discuss some of the important eye care tips which we should regularly follow:
A nourishing and a healthy diet:
The eyesight of your kid should be taken care of on a regular basis. You can do that by providing your kid with a healthy as well as a nutritious diet which includes all the important ingredients such as carrots, spinach, beetroots and fruits such as banana, mango, papaya and pineapple. All these things are rich in carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E and zinc.
Stimulating the vision:
Early childhood or infancy is the only stage when you can stimulate your child’s vision. You can do this by following steps:
• During the early stage, introduce to your child with colours, things, shapes which helps in stimulating the vision of your child.
• Insist your child to play with various types of toys. You can do this by introducing him to interesting puzzles or games.
Keep his eyes away from gadgets:
Modern gadgets such as mobiles or video games and even electronic devices such as television often hamper the eyesight of your kid. So, for this you need to keep in mind few things:
• It is always recommended by the doctors to keep your child always from television. The distance should be about three and a half metres.
• The children who constantly use electronic gadgets for a long time tend to suffer from Computer Vision Syndrome. It can lead to headaches, blurred vision or eye strain.
• Your child should be given breaks after every hour which is very essential.
Regular Eye Checkups:
If you notice any problem in the eyes of your child, you should immediately take him to hospital. It is always recommended to take him to regular eye checkups for rectifying the problems.
Avoiding kohl application:
This myth is especially followed in India. Here in India people believe that regular kohl application will improve the eyesight of your child. But this is not true. This is because nowadays, companies which manufacture kohl mix lots of chemicals which can actually hamper the eyesight of your child.
This stage is very delicate and we especially need to take care of the eyesight of our child at this age. This is because we live in a generation where we use lots of electronic gadgets which can harm the eyes. So, this article was all about protecting the eyesight of your kid.