Pregnancy Week – 34
Wow, time has literally flown for you! You are 34 weeks pregnant! You better keep a check on your words as your baby can everything you utter. You may sing some lullaby for your baby.
Wow, time has literally flown for you! You are 34 weeks pregnant! You better keep a check on your words as your baby can everything you utter. You may sing some lullaby for your baby. So, what’s your mind status now? Are you happy or nervous, scared or anxious? Well, don’t worry! Have patience, you are approaching your due date soon.
How big is your 34 week baby?
Your baby has reached the size of a cantaloupe melon. She weighs around 2.2kg and is around 45 cm in height from head to heel. If there are no complications or health problems involved, she can survive and live outside the womb. Her fat development is at par and it is helping her regulate the body temperature. His brain is fully developed and they might be dreaming.
In the 34th week, the eyes of your baby are blue as the pigmentation procedure isn’t complete.
Pregnancy belly week 34
In this week, your belly will be a little lower than it was a few weeks before. In this week, your belly will be a little lower than it was a few weeks before. Your baby may have come low to the pelvis. You may feel the difference in your breathing as your lungs will find space. However, now it is putting more pressure on the bladder.
Your belly now measures 80 to 90cm from your uterus top. You may measure a little more or less, it means that your baby is in some other position or you have an abnormal amniotic fluid level.
Pregnancy symptoms week 34
- The most phenomenal change you will experience in the 34th week is the reduction of pressure on your lungs. As your baby has shifted to the pelvic part, your chest is free now. Other symptoms include:
- Blurry vision: You may have troubles in falling asleep which may lead to blurry vision. However, it is temporary symptom and will go away.
- Constipation: It is a normal symptom, try to consume more fiber rich diet and keep yourself hydrated.
- Fatigue: The quick growth of your baby is exhausting you. So, it is normal to feel tired and fatigued.
- Abdominal pressure: Your baby causes pressure on your pelvis. It is now preparing to settle down low and get out soon, so the pressure grows here.
- Swollen ankles and feet: There will swollen ankles and feet. Just sit down and keep your feet up for some time. It will lower the swelling.
- Fuller breasts: Your breast may get heavy, so you should wear light weight bra or a sports bra could be good for you.
- Haemorrhoids: The rise in weight causes pressure on your rectum causing haemorrhoids can take place. Thus, try different sitting postures to lower the pressure.
Pregnancy ultrasound week 34
You can go for biophysical profile this week. It is a combination of ultrasound and special non-stress test. It will help you evaluate the heart rate of your baby over a time period and reaction to stress and thriving.
Pregnancy lifestyle week 34
- Do not sleep on your back. Sleep on your side for day time nap and night sleep.
- Get 200 calories extra daily to fuel your baby.
- Keep your joints safe by joining exercise classes.
- Do not wear tight and uncomfortable clothes.
- Choose the right bra for you.
- If you want to have sex, you can have…but just be careful.
Pregnancy checklist week 34
- Schedule your next week appointment.
- Know about the different labour signs and keep a track of your baby’s development.
- Review the birth plan with your doctor.
- Join classes for infant CPR, breastfeeding etc.