October 15 - World Students Day 2019 - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam's birthday
World Students' Day is celebrated all around the world on October 17th to celebrate the anniversary of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.
Every year World Student Day is observed on 15th October across the globe. The world students day is celebrated on 15th October to venerate the birthday anniversary of the great Indian scientists and former president of India Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam. He was loved by the students across India and even around the world. He was passionate about teaching and loved to teach and that is how he wanted to be remembered.
He loved his students and while teaching he always motivates them to learn more and useful. Due to his love and dedication towards education, teaching, students and his focus and efforts in promoting the education, United Nations (UN) declared his birthday (October 15) as ‘World Student’s Day’ in 2010. Since that day World Student’s Day is celebrated on 15th October across the world.
Achievements and Contributions to the Youth and Education
Throughout his whole life Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam was conferred with around 22 awards and honors; along with it, he wrote at least 18 books on various things that include youth, students, inspiration, science, and technology. Some of his life’s chief achievements and awards are listed below-
- Graduated in Aerospace Engineering from the Madras Institute of Technology in 1960.
- Was the project director of India’s first satellite launch vehicle (SLV II).
- Padma Bhusan in 1981.
- Padma Vibhushan in 1990.
- Bharat Ratna in 1997.
Some of the major universities that he was associated with, after the presidency-
- Guest professor at the Indian Institute of Management, Shillong.
- Guest professor at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad.
- Guest professor at the Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
- Honorary fellow of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Chancellor of the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Professor of Aerospace Engineering at Anna University.
Also Read - APJ Abdul Kalam - Interesting Facts, Achievements, Quotes, on his 88th Birth Anniversary
He wrote many books addressing the youths and inspiring students -
- Wings of Fire: Inspirational.
- Ignited Minds: Dedicated to an Intermediate grade student from Gujarat- Snehal Thakkar.
- The Luminous Sparks: Poems, notes, and pictures to bring out the best in youth.
- Inspiring Thoughts: Selected quotations, sayings, and writings.
- Indomitable Spirit: The book has a few chapters addressed to students and teachers.
- You Are Born To Blossom: Presents a vision of schools in India.
- Turning Points: A Journey Through Challenges: Inspirational.
- My Journey: Inspirational.
- Forge Your Future: A message to the youths.
World Students Day 2019 Theme
Sorry, we could not find any information related to the theme coupled with World student's day 2019. If we get enough information about the theme for World Student's Day 2019, our team will defiantly update it here.
Other Awearness Day on 15th October
White Care Day
Global Handwashing Day
Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day