Onam festival 2019 - Date, Significance & Quotes
Onam Festival. Onam is a most famous and cultural Hindu festival and celebrated every year as a state festival of Kerala by the people of the southern state.
Onam is a customary ten-day harvest celebration that denotes the homecoming of the legendary King Mahabali. It's the greatest celebration of the year in Kerala, in South India, and the entire state cheers in commending it. People decorate the ground in front of their homes with flowers arranged in beautiful patterns to welcome the king. The celebration is likewise celebrated with new garments, feasts served on banana leaves, dancing, sports, games, and snake boat races.
There are actually four days of Onam festival. First Onam will be on September 10 (the day preceding Thiru Onam), while fourth Onam will be on September 13. Onam celebrations proceed consistently and significantly more.
Important dates observed during Onam -
Between the 10 days when Onam is celebrated by Malayalis, there are some specific dates that are deemed important. There are a total of four important days of Onam. September 10, 11, 12 and 13 are supposed to be significant dates and are very important to the celebrations.
Onam Dates Detailed Information
- Atham - (September 2, 2019)
- Chithira - (September 3, 2019)
- Vishakham - (September 4, 2019)
- Anizham - (September 5, 2019)
- Thriketa - (September 6, 2019)
- Moolam - (September 7-8, 2019)
- Pooradam - (September 9, 2019)
- First Onam/Uthradom - (September 10, 2019)
- Second Onam/Thiruvonam - (September 11, 2019)
- Third Onam/Avvittom - (September 12, 2019)
- Fourth Onam/Chatayam - (September 13, 2019)
Significance of the important dates -
September 10 is seen as 1st Onam or Uthraadam which converts into the arrival of King Mahabali to Kerala. It is praised with much zeal.
September 11 denotes the 2nd day of King Mahabali's arrival when he visits every one of the individuals and their homes. The subsequent day is called Thiruvonam signifies 'Consecrated Onam Day'.
The 3rd significant day of Onam or Avittam will be seen on September 12 this year. This day fundamentally revolves around arrangements for the flight of King Mahabali.
The 4th day or Chathayam is the last day of Onam which will be seen on September 13, this year.
Onam 2019 - Quotes, massages and greeting wishes
- Accept our hottest welcome on Onam celebration. May you have an agreeable and exciting Onam festivity there, as we join the enjoyment in the soul. We may not be there however we will commend the event with you by the soul. Upbeat Onam!
- Onam is a festival of the home-happening to Emperor Mahabali. May you appreciate the affection and bounties of nature by offering it to your family.
- On the glad event of Onam, may you have a bounty of euphoria in your life, great wellbeing, and monstrous flourishing. Wishing an extremely cheerful Onam to you and your whole family.
- Wishing that King Mahabali favors you with all that you want!
- Wish all of you a cheerful, prosperous, beautiful, sound, well off and funfilled Onam! Let this season presents to all of you part of good karma, significant serenity, joy and all that you wish!
- Accept our hottest welcome on Onam celebration. May you have an agreeable and sensational Onam festivity there, as we join the enjoyment in the soul. We may not be there yet we will praise the event with you by the soul. Happy Onam!
- It's Onam! In this way, how about we praise the soul of the reap celebration in the entirety of its quality. Adorn your home with pookalams, tune in to the sweet Onappattus and appreciate the propitious celebration of Onam!
- I'm wishing you a real existence as vivid as pookalam, as bubbly as this Onam celebration, and as prosperous as the abundant reap. Cheerful Onam to you!
- Once more Onam is coming to remind us of Maveli's brilliant principle. Give me a chance to take the joy to wish you and your family a happy Onam festival!
- Celebrate this Onam celebration with bliss and satisfaction. Cheers to this favorable event! Happy Onam everyone!