Key Points regarding prevention of corona virus infection
Here are the Key Points regarding prevention of coronavirus infection that every person should know and follow it to stay safe from corona virus.
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a new virus introduced to humans for the first time.
- It is spread from person to person mainly through the droplets produced when an infected person speaks, coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby.
- These droplets are too heavy to travel far in the air. They only travel approximately one meter and quickly settled on surfaces.
- This is the reason person to person spread is happening mainly between close contacts.
- The exact time that the virus can survive on surfaces is not yet known. So it is wise to clean surfaces regularly particularly in the vicinity of the people infected with COVID-19.
- Hands touch many surfaces, which can be contaminated with the virus.
Since contaminated hands can transfer the virus from the surface to yourself. You should therefore avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with the bend of your elbow or use a disposable tissue.
- If a tissue is used, discard it immediately into a closed bin.
- The most effective way to prevent the spread of the new corona virus is to clean your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Stay healthy and prevent spread of COVID-19.
Source:- WHO official website