Face Mask guidelines for prevention of corona virus infection
Here are the full Face Mask guidelines for the prevention of coronavirus infection that will protect you and your family members and friends from the viral infection of coronavirus.
Corona virus infection and panic continue to surge in India, sanitizers and masks have started to disappear from stores and people in larger cities are selling these masks at 2-3 times their price to panicky buyers.
Chemists are saying that they are not getting any fresh supplies of sanitisers, while face masks too are almost sold out. People are posting on social media to express their shock.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned about shortage of personal protective equipment caused by rising demand, panic buying, black-marketing, hoarding and misuse.
WHO has urged mask manufacturers and government to increase supply by 40 percent.
Price of a surgical mask, which was earlier sold for Re 1, has increased up to Rs 15 now.
WHO guidelines regarding use of mask
- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.