World Deaf Day 2019: Last Sunday of the Month of September
World Deaf Day is observed to create awareness among the public to show how much the deaf could contribute to society.
World Deaf Day is praised each year last week (actually last Sunday of the month of September) of September to attract the attention of overall population, government official and development authorities towards the achievements of the deaf people as well as deaf people community. All through the festival of the occasion, all the deaf people organizations worldwide are encouraged greatly to satisfy the requests and needs of the deaf people as well as increasing their privileges everywhere throughout the world.
World Deaf Day 2019
World Deaf Day 2019 will be celebrated on last Sunday (29th of September) in the month of September.
World Hearing Day 2019 Theme
The world hearing day 2019 theme is "Check your hearing".
Objectives of World Deaf Day
- To endorse understanding among common people about the issues and other difficulties of deaf people in the community everywhere throughout the world.
- To stimulate deaf people to learn sign language as an essential human right.
- To make accessible the required resources in the community for deaf people.
- To endorse the deaf people's human rights about equal access to education and contemporary technologies.
What is ear discharge?
Ear discharge is drainage of ear wax, blood, pus, or any other fluids from the ear.
What should I do in case of ear discharge?
In case of an ear discharge:
- Don’t let water enter into the ear
- Don’t put oil or any other liquid in the ear
- Clean the discharge with a soft cloth.
- Blood or foul smells in discharge are symptoms of serious diseases.
- Continuous discharge from ear may cause deafness. Consult the doctor at the earliest.
When should I consult the doctor in case of an ear problem?
In case you feel:
- Pain in the ear,
- Notice some discharge from the ear or
- Incur hearing loss, you should immediately consult the doctor
Causes of Deafness
- Infections including ear infection, meningitis, etc.
- Earwax build-up
- Occupational hazards ( those who are working in noisy areas)
- Certain medicines
- Ear disease
- Long-term exposure to loud noise
Tips to prevent hearing loss
- Avoid inserting sharp objects in the ear
- Avoid noisy places
- Turn down the volume of the TV, stereo, especially the headset on the music player
- Do not use any kind of oil or liquid into your ears unless advised by a doctor
- Never go to roadside quacks/unqualified person for your ear cleaning
- Consult your doctor at earliest if you feel there is any problem with your hearing