October 16 - World Food Day 2019
World Food Day is celebrated every year annually on 16 October to raise awareness related to food and hunger.
Every year, World Food Day is commemorated across the globe on 16th October. It’s an annual observation in the honor of the founding date of the Food and Agriculture Organization, which was launched by the United Nations in the year 1945. This awareness day is celebrated widely with great enthusiasm by several other organizations that are concerned with food security such as the International Fund for Agricultural Development, the World Food Program, and others.
World Food Day 2019
World Food Day 2019 will be celebrated all over the world on the 16th of October, Wednesday.
World Food Day (WFD) was started by the Food and Agriculture Organization - FAO's Member Countries at the Organization's 20th General Conference in November 1979. The Hungarian Delegation, led by the former Hungarian Minister of Agriculture and Food Dr. Pál Romány, played an active role at the 20th Session of the FAO Conference and suggested the idea of celebrating the World Food Day (WFD) worldwide. It has since been commemorated each year in more than 150 nations, raising awareness related to the problems behind poverty and hunger.
World Food Day 2019 Themes
Since 1981, World Food Day has adopted a different theme each year in order to highlight areas needed for action and provide a common focus. The theme of World Food Day 2019 is "Healthy diets for a zero hunger world".
- 1981: Food comes first
- 1982: Food comes first
- 1983: Food security
- 1984: Women in agriculture
- 1985: Rural poverty
- 1986: Fishermen and fishing communities
- 1987: Small farmers
- 1988: Rural youth
- 1989: Food and the environment
- 1990: Food for the future
- 1991: Trees for Life
- 1992: Food and nutrition
- 1993: Harvesting nature's diversity
- 1994: Water for life
- 1995: Food for all
- 1996: Fighting hunger and malnutrition
- 1997: Investing in food security
- 1998: Women feed the world
- 1999: Youth against hunger
- 2000: A millennium free from hunger
- 2001: Fight hunger to reduce poverty
- 2002: Water: source of food security
- 2003: Working together for an international alliance against hunger
- 2004: Biodiversity for food security
- 2005: Agriculture and intercultural dialogue
- 2006: Investing in agriculture for food security
- 2007: The right to food
- 2008: World food security: the challenges of climate change and bioenergy
- 2009: Achieving food security in times of crisis
- 2010: United against hunger
- 2011: Food prices - from crisis to stability
- 2012: Agricultural cooperatives – key to feeding the world
- 2013: Sustainable Food Systems for Food Security and Nutrition
- 2014: Family Farming: "Feeding the world, caring for the earth"
- 2015: "Social Protection and Agriculture: Breaking the Cycle of Rural Poverty"
- 2016: Climate change: "Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too"
- 2017: Change the future of migration. Invest in food security and rural development.
- 2018: Our actions are our future
Also Read - World Food Safety Day
Hashtags: #WFD2019, #ZeroHunger, #WorldFoodDay