Pregnancy Week – 31
Finally, you have entered the last phase of your motherhood journey. You are 9 or so weeks away from your delivery and now all the 5 senses of your baby are fully developed!
Finally, you have entered the last phase of your motherhood journey. You are 9 or so weeks away from your delivery and now all the 5 senses of your baby are fully developed! Your baby is gaining some weight and gearing up for life to come out of your womb and see the world. Let’s take a look to what this week brings to you.
How big is your 31 week baby?
Your baby weighs the same as a coconut, around 1.5kgs and is looking like a new-born now. She measures around 41.1cm from head to heel. But, still there is a lot of growing to see. You can at least expect a weight of 900gms more in in the coming week. Her taste buds are mature enough to taste the flavours you consume. And, this is why the food you eat shapes the preferences and choices of your baby.
Due to limited space, her leg is drawn to her chest, giving her the perfect fetal position. Though there is less room to move, but her activities are still in action.
Pregnancy belly week 31
As your baby is growing in your body, there are plenty of changes occurring inside you. With your tummy growing bigger, your skin stretches out and you will have prominent stretch marks running down. Your belly button is pushed to the front and it is likely to create a slight bulge in your dress.
Pregnancy symptoms week 31
In the week 31 of your pregnancy, you will get several symptoms and signs to help you know what’s happening:
- Braxton Hick contractions are normal in this period. Your womb amy feel tightened and hard for a few seconds.
- Your fingers may get numb or you may have carpal tunnel syndrome.
- You may feel clumsier and lose your balance while walking.
- You may lose your breath some times because of the uterus expansion and pressure on the lungs.
- Leaky breasts are common in this week. Do not worry if you see it. It is your body preparing to nurse your child.
- Back ache is very common in the last weeks because of the extra weight that you are gaining.
- As the uterus constantly pushes the bladder, you have low space to store urine. Thus, you may have problem of frequent urination.
- Heartburn, indigestion and constipation are the common symptoms during pregnancy.
In the last weeks of pregnancy, you may have little tightening in your uterus and often get signs of pre-term labor which needs to be evaluated.
Pregnancy ultrasound week 31
The 31st week ultrasound of your baby showcases what your baby looks like when it will be born. You can clearly see her face and the expression she is making. You can see her movements too. You can opt for 3D and 4D ultrasound to see the face of your child.
Pregnancy lifestyle week 31
- You may find yourself getting tired very easily in this week. The expanded belly has disturbed your center of gravity, thereby making you clumsy. Thus, it is important to keep your movements restricted. However, you should do some light exercise or yoga. You can also go for pilates as it will strengthen your pelvic floor, back and stomach. You can still enjoy sex with your partner.
- Make sure you sleep on your side as sleeping on your back enhances the risk of still birth. Get your womb size measured and find out what is the position of your baby.
Pregnancy checklist week 31
- Start counting your baby’s movement.
- Slow down and take some breaths if you feel short of breath.
- Keep a track of your baby’s well-being and development.