Correct Technique versus Asthma – The Technique Wins!!
Correct Technique versus Asthma—The Technique Wins!!
One of the commonest disorders, asthma is affecting a number of people these days. Air quality is getting worst as the development is taking away greenery and making breathing disorders so common. Asthma has been associated with many of the people including both elders and the children.
Elders holding good age numbers know how to fight well with the problem but situations become challenging for kids who are unaware of the correct procedure to tackle the issue. Inhalers have proved to be very useful for asthma patients and provide them with instant relief.
Here are some bullets which would help children in using inhalers following the correct technique –
- The correct technique – It becomes necessary to ask your asthma nurse to have a look at the procedure which your child is using while inhaling. In many of the cases, we find that the medicine fails to reach the lungs and stay either in throat or mouth. This may even lead to certain side effects as the medicine is meant to be inhaled into the lungs.
Allowing asthma nurse or a pharmacist to keep an eye on your kid while he/she is inhaling is very helpful. It gives satisfaction to your mind that the child is taking the right track to overcome the disorder and also the chances of asthma attack becomes least.
- Know the type of inhaler – There are plenty of inhalers available in the market and knowing what your kid is using is most important. It is because the inhalers differ from one another in terms of using techniques and so knowing the type is necessary.
Getting right prescriptions from the asthma nurse or the pharmacist regarding the use of the respective inhaler is a must. Also given is the patient information page inside the inhaler box where everything is written for letting the user understand the correct procedure.
- The inhaler type must suit your child’s age – The types of inhaler available in the market also differ according to the age group. Your asthma nurse and the pharmacist can suggest you the best type in no time, knowing the age of your kid. Using inhalers of an inappropriate age group may reveal certain side effects. Hence, proper prescription is essential at every stage.
- Clean the inhaler – Cleaning inhaler from time to time is important to make the procedure secure and healthy. Germs and particles need to be removed at intervals for avoiding them to enter the child’s mouth while using.
Experts of the field suggest best cleaning techniques which don’t away the inhaler quality and keep the gadget safe for use. Best of the inhaler cleaning techniques are also mentioned on the patient information page.
- Make a good routine – Allowing your child to use inhaler according to a set routine is also helpful. Let him/her inhale even when the situation is normal as the medicine can enter the lungs at intervals thereby making way for the disorder to leave the body.
Thus, the correct procedure of using inhalers is very essential to make sure that the situation can be controlled at any point of time.