How to Make CDC approved mask at home
How to Make CDC approved mask at home:
As India is now on peak spike in coronavirus cases, the central government issued an advisory for general public to wear or cover you face with facemask if they are stepping outside for medical, grocery or market for any reason. It is now compulsory to cover your face with at least homemade face mask.
This face cover is not recommended for health workers or those who working with COVID-19 patients or patients themselves as these categories of people are required to wear specified protective gear.
Here are we provide you some information about how to make DIY mask at home which approved by CDC.
You can easily make a face cover at home to protect yourself. There are many ways to make face mask here are some tips:
- Make a face cover using a sewing machine:
Things you will need:
- Cotton fabric: - Any used 100% cotton cloth can be used to make this face cover. The color of fabric doesn’t matter but you must was the fabric in boil water for at least 5 minutes and dry it well before making the face cover. Adding salt to this water is recommended.
- Four pieces of cloth strips.
- Sewing machine.
Wash your hands properly before making mask.
- Cutting fabric:- Cut cloth for the required size
Adult- 9 inch x 7 Inch Child- 7 inch x 5 Inch
- Cutting strips:- Cut 4 strips for tying and piping
(For adult size)- From cloth- two pieces at 1.5” x 5” and two pieces at 1.5” x 40”
Note- you can use strips of cloths and either use rubber/elastic band.