Pregnancy Week – 24
So, finally you have covered 6 months of your pregnancy and have gained around 6 to 7 kgs. If you have followed a healthy pregnancy diet, then you shouldn’t have gained excess weight. This is the new phase of motherhood.
So, finally you have covered 6 months of your pregnancy and have gained around 6 to 7 kgs. If you have followed a healthy pregnancy diet, then you shouldn’t have gained excess weight. This is the new phase of motherhood. You and your baby are perfectly fine. Though you may be experiencing some late-pregnancy discomforts, but hang on mama-to-be! Now the development of your baby is going at a fast pace and you will soon meet her/ him in 16 weeks.
How big is your 24-weeks baby?
Your baby is around a foot long now, say the size of a papaya. The baby is now viable and has a chance of survival if born pre-mature. So, your baby has a lot of room to move. Even though her eyes are still fused, but all eye parts are present. The brain and lung have fully formed. Week 24 is the most active time for your baby.
Pregnancy belly week 24
You cannot define the normal size of your belly because it depends on your height, pre-pregnancy weight, type of body you have and whether it is your first pregnancy or not. if your abdominal muscles are highly firm, the movement of your baby will be visible when you sit. If you are heavy, then you may not feel the baby kick. You may have aggressive vast stretch marks.
Pregnancy symptoms week 24
If you are thinking what type of pregnancy symptoms to be expected in the week 24 pregnant, they are mentioned below:
- As you are gaining weight slowly, then it isn’t a matter of concern. If you have gained excessive weight, then visit your obstetrician.
- Your breasts are getting bigger, then it is a normal symptom.
- Vaginal discharge may cause some discomfort for some women. But it is normal in week 24.
- You may experience a tingling sensation in your joints called carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Some women may experience piles (haemorrhoids)
- Some other symptoms comprise of frequent urination, fatigue, unusual thirst and nausea.
- Swollen ankles and feet are also common in this week.
- Backaches may get worse in this week.
- Stretch may come visible on your skin as it stretches more.
Pregnancy ultrasound week 24
The ultrasound report shows your baby’s brain and facial muscles. Your week 24 fetus transparent is getting more opaque. Your baby organs and systems are well-developed now. However, the fatty supplies haven’t grown yet.
Pregnancy lifestyle week 24
Apart from heartburn and aches, it is time to get ready for your baby to come. It is the perfect time to adjust your home. You can prepare for a glucose test, plan your babymoon, enjoy some amazing and favorite meals. Make sure you consume a lot of protein to fulfil your baby needs. Keep a track of your weight gain. sex is fine in week 24 as long as your doctor suggests. if there is no risk factor involved and you don’t have any infection or premature labor, then you can continue having sex.
Pregnancy checklist week 24
Here is a list of a few things which you should do in the 24th week of pregnancy
- Plan nursery for your child. Keep the furniture, color and decoration updated and focus on small details.
- Keep a check on gestational diabetes.
- Get familiar with your preterm labour signs.
- Get immediate help if there is fluid leakage from vagina.
- Get immunity to rubella screened.
If you have premature labor, excessive weight gain or any other health risk or complication, then keep in touch with your doctor. If there is any dilemma or problem, then also feel free to consult your doctor.