Pregnancy Week – 11
If pregnancy was a race, then you may now feel to hit your stride in the 11th week. At week eleven, you are almost reaching the end of your 1st trimester. So, roughly you are about to complete 1/3rd of your pregnancy.
If pregnancy was a race, then you may now feel to hit your stride in the 11th week. At week eleven, you are almost reaching the end of your 1st trimester. So, roughly you are about to complete 1/3rd of your pregnancy. This week is the perfect time to go on babymoon with your partner. Relax and enjoy yourself and just celebrate your pregnancy. Bond with your partner before your baby takes up all your attention and time. Your baby is developing at a real fast pace now.
How big is your 11 weeks baby?
Your baby is just 11/2 inches long and is about the size of a fig. Her hands will soon open and close like a fist and tooth buds will appear below the gums. She is already kicking and moving inside you. Her ears are migrating towards their right position. The finger nails and nasal passages are taking place. The veins and arteries are developing and quite visible under her translucent skin.
So, all in all, the fetus now looks more human!
Pregnancy Belly Week 11
Finally, your belly is starting to grow as a complete baby bump rather than just bloating. Women pregnant with first babies still don’t get voluminous but just appear full. Though there may not be any visible belly change, but your breasts are surely noticeable. You have just started to thicken near your belly. And as it will expand more, you may suffer from pain in your ligaments and muscles. Seek professional help.
Pregnancy Symptoms Week 11
During this week of pregnancy, you may continue to experience physical and internal symptoms. Some of them are:
- rise in appetite with several food cravings
- Nausea and vomiting
- tiredness and fatigue
- Bloating, constipation, gas, indigestion and heartburn
- Breast tenderness, soreness and changes
- Excess secretion of saliva in mouth.
- Mood swings
- Vaginal discharge
- Some women may also experience morning sickness.
As you have 50% more blood pumping in your body, the veins and arteries are kind of visible. You may also experience cramps in your leg. Make sure you have enough potassium and magnesium in your diet. If you are pregnant with twins then you elevated hormones may double your symptoms.
Pregnancy Ultrasound Week 11
- In several countries, the first ultrasound of a woman is done between week 8 and 14. The ultrasound will showcase your baby moving fluildly in your womb. She has become more opaque with webbed hands and toes. You can also go for a blood test in this week to check your hormone levels. This is also the time to discuss the chromosome abnormalities.
- If you pregnant with twins, then you may see the umbilical cords of the babies and placenta. if the babies share it, they are identical twins. If you have placentas, then they are fraternal twins.
Pregnancy Lifestyle Week 11
- Now all you need to do is take care of yourself and your baby. Make sure you have given up on drugs, alcohol and smoking. In order to offer sufficient nourishment to your baby, you should consume calcium and other prenatal vitamin. Make sure your diet includes a variety of foods and make an aim to drink 10 glasses of water daily.
- You just need 300 additional calories per day for your baby. And till your doctor says otherwise, your sex life can continue.
Pregnancy Checklist Week 11
- Go for a babymoon
- If you haven’t met your dentist till now, do it once.
- Control your caffeine intake.
- Write down all the questions you have and ask them on your next doctor’s appointment.
- Discuss about your baby leave with your partner and your boss.