Novel Corona Virus (2019-nCoV) Advice For The Public
As Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is easily spreading everywhere, here are the important advice for the public to save themselves from this dangerous virus.
- Protect Yourself And Others From Getting Sick
- Wash Your Hands:-
Wash your hands with soap and running water when hands visibly dirty. And frequently clean hands with alcohol based hand-rub when your hands visibly not dirty.
- When To Wash Your Hands:-
- After Coughing or sneezing
- When caring for the sick
- Before, during and after you prepare food
- Before Eating
- After Toilet Use
- When Hands are visibly dirty.
- After handling animals and animals waste
- Practice Daily in Life:-
- Wash your hands between handling raw and cooked food.
- Keep distance or avoid sick animals at home, in live animal markets, in product animals market. (e.g., stray cats and dogs, rodents, birds, bats)
- Avoid consumption of raw or undercooked animal products. Handle raw meat, milk or animal organs with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods. Eat only well-cooked food.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth when hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from a fever and cough.
- Maintain social distancing – maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and other people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever.
- Avoid travel if you have a fever and cough and seek medical advice immediately.
- Avoid close contact when you are experiencing cough and fever.
- Avoid spitting in public.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your doctor.
- When Coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue paper. Throw Tissue into closed bin immediately after use and then Wash your hands with soap and water.
- If you have mild respiratory symptoms and no travel history to or within China, carefully practice basic respiratory and hand hygiene and stay home until you are recovered, if possible.