Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Why we celebrate the festival, Date and Significance
Janmashtami is a grand festival celebrated all over India to commemorate the birth of Lord Krishna, who is believed to be the eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
Janmashtami or all the more famously known as Krishna Janmashtami is the birthday of Lord Krishna which is praised with incredible intensity and energy in India during the storm month. As per the Hindu schedule, this religious celebration is commended on the Ashtami of Krishna Paksha or the eighth day of the dim fortnight in the long stretch of Bhadon.
Sri Krishna is considered as one of the most dominant human manifestations of the Lord Vishnu. He was conceived around 5,200 years back in Mathura.
To commend the day, Krishna sanctuaries are beautified; parades are taken out, while religious destinations committed to the Blue God see a large group of bhajans and kirtans occurring alongside satsangs. Numerous spots host move show institutions of the life of Krishna as indicated by the Bhagavata Purana, reverential singing through the 12 PM when Krishna was conceived, fasting, a night vigil (Ratri Jagran), and a celebration the next day to praise his introduction to the world.
The sole reason for praising this celebration is uniting individuals with the goal that standards of solidarity reinforce. Dahi Handi is another significant part of this celebration that is seen on the second day of Janmashtami. As a child Lord Krishna was named "Makhanchor" or the person who takes margarine.
Dahi Handi is an occasion where a similar spread taking the movement of Lord Krishna is described. An earthen pot or handi is loaded up with margarine, explained spread or ghee, dry natural products, and milk is suspended at an extensive stature with the assistance of ropes. All the nearby youthful folks assemble to make a human pyramid and jump on one another to come to the handi and break it.
Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Sri Krishna sanctuaries to visit
• ISKCON sanctuaries
• Banke Bihari Temple, Vrindavan
• Dwarkadish Temple, Dwaraka
• Krishna Balaram Mandir, Vrindavan
• Sri Krishna Temple, Udupi
• Guruvayur Temple, Kerala
• Govind Dev Ji Temple, Jaipur
• Rajagopalaswamy Temple, Tamil Nadu
• Jagannath Temple, Puri, Odisha
• Prem Mandir Vrindavan
• Shri Nathji Temple, Nathdwara, Rajasthan
When is Krishna Janmashtami in 2019?
This year, Krishna Janmashtami falls on 24 August, on Saturday. It is praised on the Ashtami of Krishna Paksha, or the eighth day of the fortnight in the long stretch of Bhadrapada in the Hindu schedule.
Shri Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Muhurat
- Nishita Puja Time - 00:01 to 00:45
- Parana Time - 05:59 (24th August) after dawn
- Rohini Nakshatra End Time-before dawn
- Ashtami Tithi Begins - 08:08 (23rd August)
- Ashtami Tithi Ends - 08:31 (24th August)
Top 5 Destinations To Visit During Gokulashtami
• Mathura: Mathura is the origination of Lord Krishna. The city is improved appealingly to stamp his introduction to the world. The guests can observer the ceremonies of this celebration at ISKCON Temple, Bankey Bihari Temple, and Dwarkadhish Temple.
• Dwarka: Dwarka is a blessed city in the nation. Krishna Janmashtami is commented by bhajans, Garba and talks in the night.
• Mumbai: Mumbai, the capital city of Maharashtra, draws in numerous individuals the country over on this promising event. Dahi Handi is masterminded in a few locales in the city.
• Puri: The celebration is commended with extraordinary fervency at Puri Jagannath Temple. The city composes extraordinary occasions on the celebration day.
• Udupi: Udupi, a city in Karnataka, additionally pulls in numerous visitors on this event and praises the celebration in an alternate style.
Krishna Janmashtami 2019 - Quotes, Wishes, Massages
- Celebrate the birth of Lord Krishna who enchants everyone with his playful mischiefs. Have a happy and blessed Krishna Janmashtami!
- Let’s celebrate the birth of Lord Krishna with full fervor and enthusiasm. Happy Janmashtami!
- False ego means mistaken identity. When we become servants of Krishna, we become free from the false ego.
- May Murli Manohar continue to shower health and happiness on your family, and may you always remain in his list of favorites. Happy Janmashtami!
- Celebrate the birth of the Almighty! Spread the bliss of Janmashtami! Wishing you and your family a happy and blessed Janmashtami.
- Krishna insisted on outer cleanliness and inner cleansing. Clean clothes and clean minds are an ideal combination. Have a blessed Janmashtami
- May the blessings of Lord Krishna always be with you and your family. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Janmashtami!
- Happy Janmashtami! May Lord Krishna make your life full of joy and prosperity.
- May Lord Krishna fill your home with lots of happiness. Happy Janmashtami!