International Friendship Day 2019
The International Day of Friendship is celebrated across the globe since 1958. It is also called the World Friendship Day or International Friendship Day!
Every year, the first Sunday of August is celebrated as Friendship Day in India. It is a day dedicated completely to the celebration of friendship and the bond that friends share with each other.
While India and Malaysia celebrate Friendship Day every year on the first Sunday of August and this year it falls on 4th August 2019. Well, different nations celebrate Friendship Day on different dates. UN celebrates International Friendship Day on 30 July every year.
International Friendship Day 2019
Celebrating Friendship Day in a traditional manner, people meet their friends and exchange cards and flowers to honor their friends. Lot many social and cultural organizations to celebrate the occasion and mark Friendship Day by hosting programs and get together.
Here's when Friendship Day is celebrated around the world:
- Argentina: July 20
- Bolivia: July 23
- Brazil: July 20
- Colombia: Second Saturday of March
- Ecuador: July 14
- Estonia: July 14
- Finland: July 30
- India: First Sunday of August
- Malaysia: First Sunday of August
- Mexico: July 14
- Pakistan: July 19
- Spain: July 20
- Uruguay: July 20
- United States: February 15
- Venezuela: July 14
Why International Friendship Day is celebrated?
The history of Friendship Day dates back to 1958. The first World Friendship Day was proposed for 30 July 1958 by the World Friendship Crusade, an international civil organization that campaigns to foster a culture of peace through friendship.
It is also believed that Dr. Ramon Artemio Bracho is responsible for a day dedicated to friends. He proposed this idea during dinner with his friends, which gave rise to World Friendship Crusade.
The founder of Hallmark Greetings, Joyce Hall, is also credited for getting attention and importance to Friendship’s Day. It is suggested that he coined the term in 1930.
In the year 1997, the United Nation named ‘Winnie-the-Pooh’ as the world's ‘Ambassador of Friendship’.
How International Friendship Day is celebrated?
People celebrate this day by giving gifts, hosting private brunches, planning get-togethers and/or going on trips with their friends.
Friends exchange gifts and souvenirs to celebrate the bond between them. Even people tie friendship bands on their friends’ wrists, which is also a popular way of showing love and affection towards their friends and close ones.
International Friendship Day 2019 – Best Whatsapp massages & Quotes
On this Friendship Day, you can also share the lovely wishes and messages with your loved ones to wish them – A Happy Friendship Day!
- Sometimes, I forget to say hi, Sometimes, I even miss to reply, Sometimes, my message doesn't reach you, But, it doesn't mean that I forget you, I am just giving you time to miss me!
- No one needs to count material wealth when they have a friend like you. You are the most wonderful friend I could ever wish for. I wish you a very happy friendship day.
- It’s hard to find someone who will stay with you in your hard times, someone who will help you rise up again after you fall. Fortunately for me, that person is you! You are a rare gem, my friend!
- On this very special day, I want to let you know that you are my most favorite person in this world. I enjoy your company more than I enjoy myself. Happy friendship day to you!
- People do not just meet and end up being best friends. It requires two independent minds to think alike and two beautiful souls to share the same road in life. Happy friendship day 2019!